Murway Car Rental & Sales is a family-owned enterprise that’s been around for over 30 years in Cape Town where good customer service remains the cornerstone of our business.
Once upon a time…
In 1974, the brothers Murudker (Mustapha, Ebrahim, Hassan & Suleiman), prompted by their passion for cars and motorsport, started Murway Motors – a small, independent car dealership on the corner of Klipfontein & Ernest roads in their childhood suburb of Rylands Estate, Cape Town.
As time went on, they not only continued to thrive in the vehicle sales trade, they expanded into vehicle repairs as well as vehicle rental (originally started in the 1990’s in Belgravia Estate, Cape Town).
In June 2011 – Murway Car Rental & Sales opened on the corner of Belgravia and Lawson roads in Belthorne Estate, Cape Town with Ebrahim Murudker at the helm along with his son, Saleem, and long-time colleague, Zayd Sakier.
We provide hassle-free, convenient, vehicle rental services to local clients and serve many international visitors to our beautiful country as well. Other key features include:
- Competitively-priced vehicle rental groups
- Able to offer car rental services outside of Cape Town because of our long-standing, trusted relationships with other car rental companies which are located nationally
- Free delivery/collection rental vehicle if within a 15km radius of business premises during business hours (excl the airport which incurs a once-off surcharge)
- Located 12kms from Cape Town International Airport and 14kms from Cape Town’s central business district
- All major credit cards accepted
- GPS units and infant car seats available for rental
Hours of operation:
- Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Saturdays 8am – 1pm
- Sundays & Public holidays Closed, but you can still phone +27 82 696 6070